Thursday, January 12, 2006

Ok, Let Me Throw This One Out There

I know I am going to sound like a old man when I say this but what ever happened to saying goodbye on the telephone. I talk to people all day on the phone and only like 20% if that, say goodbye when they hang up. I get offended when that happens and I'm starting to take it personal. That is almost as bad as going into a store and buying something and the cashier doesn't say thank you. What the hell? Didn't I just contribute to your salary? You could at least say thank you when you give me my change. Holy crap it makes me mad. Arrrggghhh!!

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Anger management. How's that working for you? Tee hee hee.

Tj said...

Well, some people don't like to say goodbye but use other term instead. Do these alternative terms upset you also, or is it just that you don't feel you are getting the proper respect you deserve?

I personally say "see ya" when I hang up. I don't like bye and I absolutely hate goodbye and that's my preference.

As for customer service, I think that term is too loosly used. If I get a hello from a cashier when I am being served I'm surprised.